Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pic Today 12/11/10





DELICIOUS SUPER FOOD
FRESH FROM WINTER SPRINGS

Leaves have fallen, trees are bare,
and winter has taken the green from the forest,
except for Missouri's spring fed streams
which flow clean and clear throughout winter

. . . and now abundant with a fresh crop of
beautiful green and healthy watercress.

Spring fed waters keep wild creeks
at a consistent 55˚ year round,
so watercress thrives in winter months
and is free for the taking.
It's sweet and pungent peppery taste
is a perfect accent for your Christmas salad:
Add rinsed leaves to grated carrots, avocado
and cranberries -- drizzle with olive oil,
lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
Delicious . . . and super packed with
cancer-fighting anti-oxidants and vitamins.


5 comments:

  1. Good morning.
    I just woke up, it's morning in germany.
    A delicious post for breakfast! Thank you.
    My breakfast isn't that delicious.
    Multigrain rolls with diabetic marmelade and coffee without sugar.
    But I'm used to this.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick .......me too would like to see snowy pictures in your blog .........me too excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the salad !
    Regards from snowy Sweden,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, winter is everywhere...here in Romania and in Europe!
    In Bucharest - my hometown, will be a sunny day today and strange - no snow at all)
    But anyway I miss summer!
    I wish you all the best from Romania!

    ReplyDelete