Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pic Today 1/18/11






PRAISE FOR PRINT

We live in the "digital age",
while book stores and libraries shut down,
newspapers and magazines go out of business.
Books are being replaced with I-Pads and Kindle readers;
magazines and newspapers can be downloaded;
bookshelves have given way to CDs, hard drives,
flash drives, data sticks and micro storage devices.

I'm keeping my computer and cell phone,
but I LOVE BOOKS, I LOVE PRINT.

There's no substitute to grab a book off the shelf,
sit in a comfortable chair, and page through a novel,
an art annual, a magazine too beautiful to throw away,
or a magnificent well-printed book of
photographs, or agates, or colorful beetles.

Digital storage is here to stay, but
treasure the books in your life.
Books will always give pleasure.

(And when the power goes off,
guess who's still with you?)

5 comments:

  1. Oh thanks Rick .......I still have some hope as a writer i guess :(......I never thought it that ways ..whoa!

    thanks :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the agate photos. I'm addicted, i've actually just bought more. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder of what is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Books are always a nice subject to photograph because of its colours, covers and typography. Have a nice weekend :)
    Elektra

    ReplyDelete