Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pic Today 1/30/11









TAKING PICTURES
OF PEOPLE TAKING PICTURES
OF ORCHIDS AT THE ORCHID SHOW

The 2011 Orchid Show opened Saturday
at Missouri Botanical Garden.
I went to shoot photos of the
amazing and beautiful orchids in bloom.

But instead,
I found it much more interesting (and fun)
shooting pictures of people shooting pictures.

It seems that everyone has a camera,
or a camera phone, these days.

(It's not safe out there, you know?)
It's like we're always in someone's viewfinder,
or cameras are watching what we do.

I'm going back to the show
later this week, early in the morning,
to see the orchids
(and not the people.)






7 comments:

  1. you really had a good idea, Rick. Your pictures are interesting and funny.Nothing is better than observing people. Have a nice sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an interesting idea, Rick. I'm going to "copy" you and do the same next time when I'll spend time with my camera :-)

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite flower!hehe I love the first photo, he looks like a painter, cool outfit!
    xx Ilka

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah ! les photographes, il faudrait leur dire cet adage : "tel est pris qui croyait prendre".
    Ta série de photos est très dr^le et vraiment réussie.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot.
    I really love pictures and art.
    Your blog is a blessing...so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT RICK I LOVE YOUR BLOG to alienate PRECIOUS, YOU ARE VERY NICE TO VISIT AND LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS YOU HAVE A HAPPY WEEK KISS Talia.

    ReplyDelete