Friday, February 18, 2011

Pic Today 2/18/11







FERNANDO BOTERO'S
"CHUBBY VIEW" OF LIFE

Colombian artist, Fernando Botero,
is often criticized for his controversial subject matter
(drug lord Pablo Escobar's rooftop killing,
the Abu Ghraib atrocities at Guantánamo Bay, etc.),
but revered and respected for his "chubby view"
on life and classical art.

At the Botero Museum in Bogotá,
his giant canvasses feature whimsical 'fattened' subjects,
including his own self-portrait,
peering around a chubby nude female.
He's even re-done the Mona Lisa
(although she's put on a few pounds.)


10 comments:

  1. Supermodel body!haha
    I love the Mona painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Una prespectiva muy particular de Botero, unas buenas imagenes, un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say the new Mona Lisa seems quite interesting now ;) ha

    love
    Bhags

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like very much Botero's work and I also very much enjoyed your pictures, especially the third one. It's like a painting over another painting, if I can say so. Have a nice day, Rick xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that I like Botero's work. Although the Mona Lisa has put on a good few pounds she is still instantly recognizable.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the MonaLisa..
    Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful
    work
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love Boteros work! Very interesting!

    Have a nice day! :-)

    ReplyDelete