Monday, February 28, 2011

Pic Today 2/28/11











MARDI GRAS IN ST. LOUIS
HAS GONE TO THE DOGS

The Mardi Gras St. Louis celebration
started off this past weekend with its annual
Pet Parade & Weiner Dog Derby
in the historic Soulard neighborhood.

The weather warmed up, streets were closed
and tens of thousands of pet lovers
brought their dogs down for the parade,
dog costume contest and "weiner dog" races.

There were big dogs and little dogs,
dogs in bikinis, painted dogs, dancing dogs,
Easter Bunny dogs . . . and even a shetland pony
dressed up like a dog!

(It was a "dog gone" good time.)


14 comments:

  1. Fargerik samling med hunder. Flott dokumentert darby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe what they have done to these dogs! wonderful shots so well captured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simpaticas y hermosas fotos, una gran fiesta para estos bellos perritos, un abrazo Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well captured! I like it!

    Have a nice day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved it! I loved it! I super loved it ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first pic!!!!!
    so cute :)
    xx Ilka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rick, your pictures are always fantastic but I have to say I love animals too much to see them wearing clothes, it's so far from natural. I think dogs dont deserve this. It makes me sad, I think they are suffering. The are living beings, not toys.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i dunno why but im always afraid of dogs :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i just noticed! pic-a-day... do you really take pics a day???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, these pictures made me laugh!!

    And those pictures on my blog was indeed from where we are moving. Promise to get me a good lense and show off more of the nature once we get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Dog Top Model
    Lovely pictures :)

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. graciosas imagenes de los perritos...:)

    ReplyDelete