Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pic Today 3/16/11




WHILE WE'RE WAITING FOR SPRING,
THERE'S "CALADIUM"

Now's the time to start planning your "jungle,"
be it inside or outside.
And what better way to plant something grand
than to buy some giant Caladium bulbs.
These monster tubers go on sale in March,
and are ready to plant when there's no danger of freezing.
(That means when WINTER IS FINISHED.)

Caladiums come out of their dormant period in March
and can be planted indoors or out.
These giant jungle dwellers have earned their common name,
Elephant Ears, because they DO get that big
and provide great atmosphere to your garden.
So give them lots of room, and stand back . . .

They'll have you forgetting about cold, snowy weather!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of an interesting plant. I'm sure we have it here in Brasil, but I've never seen those giant bulbs!Here is also time to plant:lots of rain and sunny days.Have a nice day, Rick xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the green! I'm also waiting for spring to get here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seeing Caladium bulbs. How very interesting! I love the name of this plant - Elephant Ears. It is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Rick... this is an absolutely wonderful post!!! with so gorgeous pictures and a brilliant idea!!

    thanks a lot my friend!

    warm hugs from
    isabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh !! Great pictures !!
    The second is my favorite :))

    Bye**

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is the first time I come across this plant:) Looks great. We have something similar in Greece only we have it in salads. Is this one edible (yeah I know, the world's going crazy and all I can think about is food, shame on me) Kisses Rickie !!!

    ReplyDelete