Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pic Today 3/24/11








RIVER CABIN GETAWAY

There's a place . . . a special place . . .
far away from any city . . .
in the beautiful Missouri wilderness . . .

An old grand cabin,
on the banks of a river,
a spring-fed Ozark stream
full of trout and mussels and craw dads.

Down a winding gravel road,
past limestone bluffs,
on a path barely wide enough to get by,
with a crystal clear spring gurgling year round.

With no phone, no TV, no computers,
just perfect getaway peace
that always refreshes the soul.

It's my river cabin getaway.
And the most powerful medicine I know!




12 comments:

  1. Bella serie de fotografías, me encanta los reflejos de la primera y la confortabilidad de la última, buen trabajo Rick, un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, a much needed medicine indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow fantastic!Rick, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Rick, this looks beautiful (cabin)! I can imagine how wonderful it must be to spend time there! Truly wonderful photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful house and place. I love the style of American wooden houses.
    Have a wonderful spring.
    Elektra

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this looks the most wonderful place to escape to, can I come??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like a wonderful place of peace and tranquility....

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a beautiful place to escape to, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rick

    It would be difficult to leave this place, and easy to return filled with joy and anticipation.

    All the photos are fantastic, however, being that I love the water the first is my favorite and sometimes I wish we could turn the photo upside down and step in to the other doorway, just musing -- your lyric prose is perfect.

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand your feelings for this place....

    So inviting to sit in the armchairs by the fireplace and just enjoy life :)

    Nice weekend, Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magical place, Rick! I believe you're right it must be a healing place, for sure.Have a peacefull weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete