Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pic Today 4/13/11








WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?

The dogwood trees are next to bloom.

The flowering dogwood is the state tree of Missouri,
even though it is found in most parts of the U.S.

The wild flowering dogwood grows throughout
Missouri's wilderness and national park areas,
and always shows white flowers (with red tips on its 4 petals.)

But dogwood varieties have been cultivated
in shades of pink and red for domestic use,
and is more common in city and park plantings.
The variations of pink-red-and-white are amazing.

The wood of mature dogwood trees is highly prized
for its tight grain and hardness, and is used for
tool handles, walking canes, golf club heads,
long bows, loom shuttles and dulcimers.





9 comments:

  1. Precioso reportaje floral, unos colores muy bellos los captados, un abrazo Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW IT!
    I knew it was your car!!!
    :-)))
    Thank you for the flowers.
    I need them.
    I'm working for my next exam and feel like going to execution on friday.
    Keep your fingers crossed for me, please.
    Or better: PRAY for me to every god who is available!!!
    :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely!but...I confess I'm mooved by Joe above: I'll do a little prayer for you too, Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful flowers. I have never seen this before. Thanks for sharing. Like the way you take this images, the comosition is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are one of my absolute favorites Rick, and you have photographed them so beautifully. I love their wonderful delicacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful images Rick!
    So soft colors and shapes

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures, Rick!! The first and last ones are my favorite. You need to print those babies out and sell them!!!

    ReplyDelete