Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pic Today 5/15/11










BLUEBERRY HILL:
WHERE LEGENDS STILL PLAY

The legendary Blueberry Hill is a renowned
bar, restaurant and venue in St. Louis . . .
in the very "hip" part of the city known as "The Loop."

World famous musicians and legends have performed
in the cramped basement room of Blueberry Hill,
simply called the "Duck Room."
(There's low ceilings downstairs, so you better duck!)

One such legend, whose roots are firmly planted here,
is Chuck Berry, who also resides in the St. Louis area.
In fact, Chuck still rocks the house each month to sell-out crowds.

Blueberry Hill is worth a visit,
just for the rock-and-roll memorabilia,
including Chuck's original guitar
which brought him fame in the 50s and 60s . . .
plus a collection of music, baseball and TV show collectables.
It's become a "memorabilia museum" that attracts visitors nationwide.

There's always someone famous performing at Blueberry Hill,
or a serious darts competition in the back room.

"Maybelline, why can't you be true?"









7 comments:

  1. Good morning!
    (it's morning in Germany and I just have my third coffee)
    It looks like the "Jimi's" in Bremen. But it's closed since a couple of years. I've been there often when I was a teen.
    I love such interiors.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. los templos del rock and roll me encantan..ver el rastro de las estrellas, como las estrellas fugaces...si voy lo visitaré.


    aquí en España tenemos el Hard Rock..es lo más parecido a un santuario del rock.


    saludos rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great Sunday Rick :)

    Love,
    Bhags

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful story ... I love the guitar!
    Kisses friend.
    Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excelentes fotografías, la cuna del Rock, buenas imagenes y detalles, un abrazo amigo Rick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I like the ambiance. I also like the blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, Thank you for your concern regarding my ink supply. I will let you know when I have to sell my artwork to pay for ink. Hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete