Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pic Today 5/7/11


MOMS READING TO THEIR CHILDREN
RANKS AS TOP DAILY ACTIVITY

Among moms with children between 2 and 6,
reading is the one activity they spend more time doing with their kids,
and its likely to ignite a lifelong enthusiasm
for reading, learning and success.

And reading out loud enhances the chances
that these children will grow up reading books.

. . . all this according to a recent survey of daily activities
of moms with children, conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs.

More than TV, more than computers, more than any
other daily activity, "moms reading out loud" to their children
tops the survey results, with predictable favorable results.

Good job, moms.
The best teaching always starts at home.

12 comments:

  1. Enternecedora y bella imagen los mayores enseñando a los pequeños para que se vayan formando, un abrazo Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read daily fore my daughter for many years
    It's stimulating and good for children....
    and you have a nice time together :)

    Good weekend Rick

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. el dia a dia de una labor incansable!!!
    bravo Rick bien hecho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's sad.....ask those kids, they might start one revolution against you Rick for promoting "moms reading out loud" survey thing...hihi :P

    P.S- No wonder my mind is rejoicing acting kiddish again.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best education starts at home ... how right you friend.
    It seems exceptional that they do and your work.
    Rick kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. unfortunately not all grownups have had that privilege in their childhood.......some of them don't even want to know what a book looks like....so sad...
    But great post!
    Have a peaceful weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter is 5 years old. I have always read her books and now my daughter has already learned to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice post with beautiful image

    ReplyDelete
  11. The kids want to wach tv all the time and use the computer...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made me feel better about myself, Rick. I always think about me as an awful mother, but I did a lot of reading to my daughter, at least. Thanks for sharing this information. xx

    ReplyDelete