Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pic Today 6/5/11























15 MINUTES
3 CUPS OF COFFEE
54 COUNTRIES
6 FINALISTS
ONE WORLD CHAMPION

Bogotá was the scene this week of
the 2011 World Barista Championship . . .

an event that recognized the excellence
of the best baristas from 54 nations,
in a country where coffee is grown and revered,
and handpicked "bean by bean."

Contestants are given 15 minutes to prepare . . .
one espresso, one cappuccino and one signature drink,
before a panel of 7 judges, on world-wide streaming TV.
It's down to 6 finalists, who compete later today for
the title of World Champion Barista.

Good luck to Australia, El Salvador, Japan, Spain,
United Kingdom and United States.




10 comments:

  1. un mundo fantástico el del café....las fotos geniales.

    ceremonioso...me encanta..y se me quita el sueño de ver tanto café.

    me alegro de volver a leerte

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias por tus comentarios en mi blog...me hacen mucha gracia...gracias..º!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I hope they show this on Food or Travel Channel. This looks exciting. I would have loved to be there though it would have beentorture. I stopped drinking coffee on April 10th, although I would have loved to have gotten intoxicated in coffee at this place. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, now that's really something. And I missed you too. And you know my blog entirely feel lonely without you :) . Glad your back sound and safe.

    Lots of love,
    Bhags

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rick amigo, que gustazo tenerte de nuevo con nosotros, traes esta maravilla para compartir, pues me hubiera encantado estar ahí también, te dejo un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home Rick!
    My goodness, this must have been so much fun!!
    I would gladly provide my services as a taster!!
    Have a beautiful start to your week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome friend!
    I love coffee, I would have enjoyed in Bogota!
    I missed you.
    I leave my new blog: http://duermevelamei.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que bello y "cafetero" reportaje Rick, solo nos falta poder oler el aroma de estos sabrosos cafes, un abrazo Rick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isten hozott! (means: Welcome!) :) It must have been quite an experience! I can only imagine the smell of coffee at the championship....

    ReplyDelete
  10. how much fun and I can almost smell it!!!
    thanks for this treat!!

    have a nice evening Rick,
    elena

    ReplyDelete