Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pic Today 7/6/11




TRUE BLUE SUPER FRUIT
CAN BE GROWN IN THE HOME GARDEN

Blueberries are my favorite fruit
and a well known source of antioxidants.

But thanks to a recent visit to a friend's garden here,
I've just discovered they're easy to grow
(as long as you use bird netting),
and thrive in virtually all climates
(from the northern states all the way down to Florida.)

Blueberries are native to North America
and produce abundant fruit on shoulder-high bushes.

The USDA has determined that blueberries are
the #1 fruit in antioxidants . . . helping to lower cholesterol
and blood pressure . . . prevent urinary tract infections . . .
improve memory and eyesight . . . and slow aging.

Oh yeah . . . and they're absolutely delicious!

7 comments:

  1. they are so good in cookies or on ice-cream.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them on cup-cake. Beautiful photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are good for health, I like a lot!!
    The first photo is perfect!!
    Now I have like a cranberry juice ... lol ....
    Rick kisses !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ours are not even close to this, but hopefully they will be soon.
    Yummy indeed, and your photographs of them are wonderful Rick!
    How are you feeling my friend? Good-as-new or real close to good-as-new I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness! I am a super-fast blueberry picker. I am peasant grade, as a matter of fact, the last time we went to a blueberry farm, my friends asked me if I was an illegal alien :) I know it was so politically incorrect, I loved it and I love blueberries!!!

    ReplyDelete

  6. ♫° 。✿
    Olá, amigo!

    Suas fotografias estão maravilhosas.
    Eu nunca vi essa fruta antes.
    Onde eu moro não existe mirtilo... nunca provei um.


    ♫° 。✿Beijinhos.
    ♫° Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vaya Rick, que interesante saber que esta fruta es tan buena para tantas cosas, la verdad es que se aprende algo cada día, buenas tomas amigo, dos abrazos :)

    ReplyDelete