Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pic Today 8/20/11













ANCIENT HISTORY PRESERVED

Fossils give us a picture of life
30-100 million years ago . . .
the age of the dinosaurs and mastodons,
ancient ferns and conifers . . .
when oceans covered the continents,
and creatures crawled the depths:
gastropods, trilobites,
ammonites, crinoids and
fishes that led to the evolution of man.

Fossil hunters gather at conventions (shown here)
and uncover exquisite detail of
our ancestral origins . . .
clues to our earliest forms of life.

Imagine finding a mastodon femur
in your front yard (like this hobbiest did.)



9 comments:

  1. fascinating to see, it looks like ceramic
    I think I'm going out and digging in my garden;)

    wish you a lovely weekend

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is enjoying your photos, likes fossils!
    I love to share this with my girl ...
    Kisses friend.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unas hábiles manos para conseguir estás bellezas, un excelente reportaje amigo Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. ✿♥ ° ·.
    Olá, amigo!
    Muito bonitas suas fotos, ótimo tema também.
    Apaixonei pela postagem dos pêssegos... deu água na boca.
    BOM FIM DE SEMANA!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil°º✿
    º° ✿
    ✿♥ ° ·.
    ° ·.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fossils give us a picture of ower life I think. We live here in one moment. Amazing photos. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quanta coisa a gente ignora...

    Belíssimas imagens,




    bjkas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even to look at these fossils makes me feel happy. They are so diverse and provide so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely every-day pics! Wonderful naturals in your last post. Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, can you imagine??
    I am not sure what I would do!
    Great images Rick!

    ReplyDelete