Monday, September 12, 2011

Pic Today 9/12/11



















ST. LOUIS ART FAIR
DRAWS RECORD CROWD

People got away from their televisions
and enjoyed a weekend of good weather,
great food, local musicians and outstanding art . . .
at the 18th annual St. Louis Art Fair.

Artists from around the country brought their wares,
including glass, fiber arts, jewelry, handmade clothing,
woven hats, paintings, photography and ceramics.
One artist, Betsy Youngquist (byart.com),
transformed old broken dolls into dramatic jewelry
and sculptures with appliqued jewels and stones.
A sculptor from Peru, created miniature street scenes
of skeletons partying (similar to Mexico's "Day of the Dead.")

You could even buy a padded chicken footstool.
(Don't laugh -- they sold out!)

Art, indeed, is in the eye of the beholder.


9 comments:

  1. Un bello reportaje con bellos detalles de está feria,recibe un abrazo amigo Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS SHOW IS BEAUTIFUL FRIEND!
    I LIKE YOUR WAY OF LIFE!
    No wonder THE RECORD!
    KISSES!
    GREAT STORY !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is magnificent!!! so good appreciate art.

    Hug to you
    oa.s

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful post. I love to participate in and visit art fairs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have been there. Beautiful post to day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a lot of art fairs/craft fairs here beginning at this time of year, and I try to make every one of them. There is so much talent out there, but the chicken foot stools? Nah, I think not!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. rsss... no, don't laugh... dearest :)))

    God, such a nice place to visit!
    I love art.
    Loved eveything!

    The jewels, such a beauty!
    The black coat... ;) hummm
    the chicken foot stools... lolll!!!

    :))) kisses friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I love this post! those grotesque dalls and ceramics are my favorites! I would have loved to be there :)
    Great pics!
    xo, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete