Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pic Today 9/17/11














BALLOON GLOW
IN FOREST PARK

The Great Forest Park Balloon Race
kicked off Friday night
with a pre-race "Balloon Glow".

Visitors are able to get up close to the 70+ balloons,
as they flame-up their beautiful balloons
without lifting off.
The glow of these magnificent silk orbs
in the evening sky is a spectacle not to be missed.

The race kicks off tomorrow, with the Energizer Bunny balloon
getting a short "head start",
chased by 70 competing balloons,
floating above St. Louis and following the bunny route.

After the bunny lands,
the competing balloon who drops a bag of birdseed
closest to the bunny wins the grand prize.

This is the 39th annual balloon race in St. Louis.



11 comments:

  1. Great post to day. The two photos on the top was so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! My dream when I was joung, was fly on the Balloon glow!!! I like this photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Bremen you can often see balloons with ads. ESSO followed by KELLOGG'S and and JACOBS and VITAKRAFT... Looks like a commercial in heaven *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Una entrada de explosión de colores y buenos detalles en tus fotografías, un trabajo muy bueno Rick, un abrazo para ti

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have liked to be there!
    It's beautiful!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I love it!
    I like to draw balloons!
    xx Ilka

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe it must have been a wonderful spectacle!!!! I love the pictures;-))

    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very festive and colorful post. I like it.

    Have a great weekend big buddy.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. great shots, that second one is absolutely fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Como sempre: imagens perfeitas!

    ReplyDelete