Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pic Today 9/24/11




HERE'S HOPING
OUR BIG SATELLITE
DOESN'T LAND ON TOP OF YOU

A large* retired NASA satellite is due
to crash into our planet sometime today.

(*This satellite is really large, too . . .
at 6.5-tons, the size of a school bus.)

Most of it will burn upon re-entering the atmosphere,
but some very sizable chunks are predicted to hit.
Just where they hit is uncertain.

Irish book makers are taking bets
on where the big pieces land.
Here are the latest odds:

Africa - 9 to 4
South America - 11 to 4
North America & Asia - 3 to 1
Ireland - 66 to 1
Pacific Ocean - likely

Here's hoping all the pieces
miss you and yours!

(Photos/Illustrations: Courtesy of NASA)

4 comments:

  1. °º✿
    º° ✿Olá, amigo!
    ✿♥ ° ·.Sinceramente espero que não caia na minha cabeça e nem na de nimguém.
    °º✿
    º° ✿✿♥ ° ·.Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Habrá que salir con un buen casco Rick, un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. He landed a piece in my head, lol ...
    Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not Europe. Thank God.

    Thank you, Rick. That's the point. On workdays I wake up at 5:15 because all this long hair is ruffled and wants to be brushed, braided, hairsprayed... Thank you. I knew YOU would understand me :-)))

    Yesterday I wanted to write you but I was so tired, I fell asleep at 9:15pm with my BlackBerry in the hand. And I woke up at 4:35 because I was sleeping on it. And my back was hurting. Like in 'The Princess and the Pea'. :-)

    ReplyDelete