Monday, September 5, 2011

Pic Today 9/5/11


LYRICS WORTH
A TATTOO

I met a stranger last night
(we'll call him Bill)
with a tattoo on his arm.

It was too many words
to catch a "complete read" from afar,
so I asked him for a closer look.

He explained (as I took this picture):

"There's this line, from a Modest Mouse song,
'Edit The Sad Parts', that haunts me . . .
SOMETIMES I'M ANGRY THAT I FEEL SO ANGRY . . .
so I decided to have it inked on my arm."

"But then it made no sense, if I didn't include it all."

I'm always amazed at the passion and permanence
of the "story behind each tattoo."

As for me . . .
all I really want to feel is love.
(And not necessarily a tattoo needle.)


8 comments:

  1. Original lugar para está buena letra, una simpática imagen Rick, recibe un abrazo amigo mío

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it thoroughly and so want to have a tattoo myself. But before that I have to find that something worth taking pain for. Nothing random but something that signifies myself.

    How about that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".
    ~Sigmund Freud~
    xx Ilka

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an extraordinary post today! It's the first time I'm seeing poetry tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that he wrote it where he can read it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are special people, friend ...
    Curious tattoo, nice!
    A hug friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd def. have a tatto like this one, but i'd have one of Neruda's poems instead. Amazing blog, greetings!

    ReplyDelete