Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pic Today 12/15/11









THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT

Books.
Real books.
Books you can hold, and smell,
and take to bed.

Not the Kindle, I-Pad, tablet
or anything electronic.
Ink. Paper.
Beautiful books.

And please support your local book store.
Not the big guys, or the national chain stores.
You won't find independent book stores
at the local shopping center.
Stop by your small, indie book store.
(They're usually on the corner.)

The most popular books this season are:

Steve Jobs
Rin Tin Tin
The Disappearing Spoon
The Litigators
Drop
Heaven Is For Real
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Books are for keeps!




6 comments:

  1. I love books!!!!
    I want books for Christmas!
    xx ILka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just yesterday i spent 3 hours in a bookshop, i stopped at 2 books but if i could i would've taken the whole shop home with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Livros... Livros, e livros,

    amo!

    Mesmo lendo muito, ainda assim, leio pouco,



    Bjkas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Show a big issue today, I love literature ...
    On the bedside table always with me a few, I like to reread, to do more reading, I always find something new.
    There is a street market where they sell second hand, there are all the small shops have disappeared little by little, but still one that is visited, is a welcoming place, the owner of a lifetime ...
    After reading Kapuscinski Ebony, now re-read The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, 15 years ago I read it, now I see it different, better ...
    Wonderful post!
    Rick a hug and a kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! Books are the best gift. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with you Rick.
    There is just something about a "real" book.

    ReplyDelete