Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pic Today 12/17/11














AN OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS
IN HISTORIC ST. CHARLES, MISSOURI

Established in 1765, St. Charles is one of the oldest cities
west of the Mississippi (just west of St. Louis),
and was the last "civilized post" on the Missouri River
from which Lewis & Clark launched their canoes
on their expedition towards the great Northwest.

Old town St. Charles is carefully preserved
and the site of many historic 18th century homes . . .
and where Christmas happens in a very "old fashioned" way.

Each Christmas season, 12 blocks of Main Street
(on the banks of the Missouri River)
dress up for the season, and open up their shops
with handcrafted gifts and ornaments.

This is the traditional old fashioned Christmas
we remember, and long for.





9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these old Christmas traditions, I do not think I was going to work for it, would want to bring a lot of things.
    Beautiful place.
    hugs
    Merry X'Mas
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is beautiful there, really gets to touch the soul ...
    Thank you, a thousand kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dog so adorable! Love it!
    xx Ilka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda decoração de Natal.
    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil
    ♥✿⊱╮

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it does make me long for the old christmasses! I love these shots. With regards to an iphone I am doing it for fun, pictures are rubbish and I know it is a fad but I am trying to get out of a rut as I am stuck for subjects for my normal camera so this is a little interlude to try something else, give it a go! but don't expect to take brilliant shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belle ambiance de fête dans cette ville qui a su cultiver une jolie tradition.
    Joyeuses fêtes de Noël à toi et ta famille, mon cher Rick,

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I like his scond pic of yours. It's same here me n my dog Bruno.. not at all bad though :) :(

    Guess I be singing this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyJWDcQ4KgU

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This was old Christmas tradition. I have love to walk there. Thanks for your post.
    Have a great week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis the season to be jolly, tra la la la la la la la laaaaa :D If I'd put one foot into that store, I'd probably be stuck in there for days :P
    Getting ready fro Christmas, right?
    Have a great week of preparation!
    xoxo, A.

    ReplyDelete