Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pic Today 12/6/11






POMEGRANATE:
ANCIENT FOOD OF VITALITY

Scholars believe the pomegranate is the true fruit
of the "tree of life" that tempted Adam.
Ancient civilizations refer to the many benefits
of the seeds and juice from this beautiful food.

Some cultures used the noble pomegranate
for decoration only, while others revered
its nutritional and medicinal properties.

Today, pomegranate seeds are eaten and squeezed
as a powerful antioxidant and tonic for the heart,
to reduce cholesterol, hypertension and blood pressure.
It is high in potassium, vitamin C and niacin.

It's also fun to eat,
and absolutely delicious.

Pomegranates are cultivated world wide,
and are now in season.
Enjoy.



6 comments:

  1. I love this fruit!
    It's good!
    We seem to have the same tastes, jajajaja ...
    A thousand hugs!
    Your photo editing is luxury ... forever ... but today more!
    BESOS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoro!

    Lembra, principalmente minha infância e meus avós,


    Linda postagem,



    Bjkas

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you eat pomegranate? I eat one seed at a time. When I was a kid, my sister and I used pomegranate when we played doctor and nurse. We would squeeze the juice and smear it on our skin and pretend we were bleeding to death. Then we would give each other a shot to save our lives by squeezing the lobule of a pomelo and pretend it was an injection. Hahahah! Oh well. maybe that helped in our education. Now, my sister is a doctor and I am a nurse! Keep warm. It is cold, grey and damp here today. Mailed your print yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrast of the first photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I just finished eating one of these little beauties!! I practically live on these when they are in season.

    The black and white image here Rick is really special. Wonderful tones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmmm, qué buenas las granadas! Y muy buenas las fotos, todas ellas.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete