Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pic Today 1/26/2012









DISSECTING VIEWS
ON ONE PIECE OF ART

How we look at art . . .
there are so many ways, so many views.

Take this outdoor sculpture,
at Washington University School of Architecture:
a class project, called "Salt Works",
(mixed media: plywood and plastic),
constructed at the graduate studio,
under the direction of Joe MacDonald.

An "organic shape of concave shapes"
that plays with light and shadows!

More than one view . . .

(See the salt?)



9 comments:

  1. They've had DISNEY for quite awhile now..we heard about DISMOTH and DISATEDA and that was game over.
    And ENDISCO?
    What an " asshole".
    Furthermore, they got the help of IRA and for yearsis what I got.
    And that's why DATIL and BILL got GILLES.
    And they got him heavy with HYDRA signatures.
    PHOCKST.
    HEDOGI.
    MUTTRAZE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Interesting!

    How do you do my buddy?
    Have a good day:)


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first, I thought that was snow between the grooves :) It's an amazing sculpture. I love it when a shape is formed by a thousand repeated , identical lines. I think it has something to do with continuity. And I have a thing for pictures and drawings consisting of repeated lines, so I particularly like your detail pictures :)
    Great work, once again!
    xo
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The art is wonderful, a way of life, of feeling to express ...
    I confused with polyurethane salt :)

    Great story, my heaven!
    FASCINATING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preciosos detalles de esta preciosa obra de arte, un abrazo Rick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Art, is the expression of being. Beautiful photos!

    hug to you
    cvb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool images. Nice energy and movement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this work,
    I'm happy to know that is a graduation project!
    indeed, endless views!

    ReplyDelete