Friday, January 6, 2012

Pic Today 1/6/12





SAY IT ISN'T SO

KODAK is filing for bankruptcy?
They'll stop making TRI-X black-and-white film?

The news is out.
This once giant U.S. film company can't find
any customers for its digital imaging patents,
which means it may "go under."

This 131-year-old photography company
is synonymous with film and cameras worldwide.
Until digital photography transformed the industry,
Kodak made 90% of all the film worldwide!

It was just over a year ago,
the last roll of Kodachrome was processed.
("Mama, don't take my Kodachrome away from me.")
They can't take away my Tri-X film.
Oh no!

There's a lot of us converted digital photographers
who still relish (and use) those wonderful
black-and-white films.
Tri-X film has always been my favorite.

The joy of shooting, developing and printing Tri-X.
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

I've still got 5 rolls of Tri-X
I haven't developed yet!

SAY IT ISN'T SO.




4 comments:

  1. Disappear?
    It's a shame!
    I just saw on the news ...
    : (

    http://estilosn.siliconnews.es/2012/01/05/diez-anuncios-antiguos-de-kodak/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Kodak became a dinosaur by not adapting to the digital age.Susch a shame. I will miss it. My father was a photographer of the film generation. I used to help him develop rolls of films, manually, with acid fixers and all those chemicals that made his dark room seem like a chemist’s lab. It was amazing to see a white paper then slowly display an image as we soaked it in a pan of fixer. There were negatives hanging on lines drying, the heat of the blotter and then the sound of the paper cutter. Kodak was synonymous with picture taking that the verb in my language is “pa-kodak” meaning “have photograph” or “to photograph.”

    I read that news yesterday and I felt sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick vine a dejarte mis saludos y a desearte feliz año, espero que sea maravilloso, besoss

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me so sad! With all of the new digital negative scanners being developed I was hoping to make a transition back into film, rather than always using digital. Guess that may not be happening :(

    ReplyDelete