Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pic Today 2/1/12













A HOUSE,
FULL OF BOOKS

A beautiful 19th century Victorian house,
full of books, from floor to ceiling . . .
in every room, on all 3 floors.

New, used, rare & unusual books
with comfortable chairs in every nook.

Welcome to "The Book House,"
a browser's paradise & book lover's dream-come-true.
Voted "Best Used Bookstore" in St. Louis.

Michelle Baron, owner and bookseller,
keeps things organized and can direct you
to the right part of the house
for what you're looking for.
(Then you're on your own.)

Out-of-print search, special orders, appraisals.
If you love books, definitely worth a visit.

9719 Manchester Road, Rock Hill, Missouri.
www.bookhousestl.com


12 comments:

  1. Una preciosa casa para albergar tantos libros cargados de historia, buen reportaje Rick, un abrazo para ti amigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's better than a house full of books, that even has a cat?! I could get lost in there for days....I love the "What's in here" sign :)
    xo,
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many great books, let's stay home and read all day,,,M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es una casa hermosa en sobremanera, tanto por dentro como por fuera. Me gustaría vivir allí (y me gustaría vivir dentro de tus fotos, que son hermosas, también).

    ReplyDelete
  5. books are like people!
    so it's a full home :))

    you didn't forget the wonderfull cat! lovely!

    kiss kiss, Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! How did I miss this? If I send you money will you please purchase the Oz books for me? Please? Will you please find out how much they cost? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will give me an excuse to go back to the shop. OK, I'll get prices on them for you....and then send amounts (per book) to you before I buy them. I never new there were this many...a whole series. I'm on it!

      Delete
  7. Yes! I have to make sure I can afford them. :) Thank you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are really beautiful on the library, You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!
    I wish I could be there in this house!

    .......beautiful photos, Rick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful bookshop, it must feels like magic walking around there. I also love your photo's of old cars (post before this one)
    Have a nice weekend.
    Elektra

    ReplyDelete