Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pic Today 3/18/12





MY FIRST
LEMON MAGNOLIA

This has been a wonderful season
for flowering magnolia trees.

Our warm spring has helped pink magnolias
put on a magnificent show.

While on a foggy morning walk,
I discovered a pale yellow magnolia
I hadn't seen before . . .
and the blossoms had a lemon fragrance.

This variety is a rare cousin to pink,
and is appropriately called
a "lemon magnolia."

Soft, pale, lemony yellow
with a sweet citrus fragrance.
(I was tempted to take a bite.)

10 comments:

  1. Preciosas magnolias. El color es una delicia, y me gusta mucho el procesado. Saludos.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! the second photo with shy Sun background the composition and colors remember me the wonderful kimono fabric and I love!
    happy day Rick,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick this is absolutely GORGEOUS!
    I just ordered 2 yellow magnolias.
    Cannot wait to get them planted.
    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's undoubtedly very beautiful.

    Take care,

    love,
    Bhags

    ReplyDelete
  5. Além de lindas ainda são perfumadas.
    Amei as fotos.

    º°❤ Boa semana!
    °º✿ Beijinhos.
    º° ✿ ✿⊱╮ Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sweet fragrance, color beauty, life ... now invades my home ...
    Thanks ... it's just wonderful ...
    There are no words to describe such beauty ... there are none ...
    A million kisses!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was agreat series of lemon Magnolia. I have never seen this. So great colour and flower.
    Wish you a creativ week.
    Greetings from Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnolias are perfect, I have in my garden, its buds are already starting to bloom in April and they are showy.

    hugs
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amo magnólias,

    E amei suas fotos,

    ReplyDelete