Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pic Today 3/25/12






MOTHER AND SON AUTHORS
ATTRACT RECORD CROWD

Best selling author, Ann Lamott,
introduced her co-author and son, Sam Lamott,
with readings from Some Assembly Required:
A Journal of My Son's First Son,
at a 600+ crowd of loyal Lamott book followers
Saturday night, at the St. Louis County Library.

This book -- her 13th -- is already receiving
critical acclaim and rave reviews.
In Some Assembly Required,
Ann Lamott enters a new and unexpected chapter
of her own life: grandmotherhood!

I count Ann Lamott as one of my favorite authors,
with rare wit, humor and grace.
Her earlier work, Grace Eventually,
helped change my perspective on spirituality,
while making me laugh along the way.

A thoroughly enjoyable evening.




4 comments:

  1. Anne Lamott is one my favorite too, this week I launched a site about a book she and her son .. read some books of his "blue shoes", "Heart crooked" and "Birds imperfect," including "Grace (Eventually)", "Bird Bird" and "Operating Instructions and now I expect to have access to his memoir.

    good tip

    hugs
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna go and get her books! I am in need of a good read! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful book Rick.
    Thank you for sharing it here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you! Ann Lamott is the real deal.

    ReplyDelete