Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pic Today 3/27/12





S U C C E S S

Finally.
Morel mushrooms.
Found on an afternoon hike.

(My little sponge-like fungi friends!)

The rain. The warm days.
The spores couldn't take it anymore.
Voila!
Morels standing at attention.

Just five.
Enough for some sauteéd pasta,
with olive oil, lemon juice, capers.
A spring time gourmet delight.

I noticed a small snail had already
begun its morel snack.
(See him?)

I also discovered a yellow wild flower
about to open . . . .



4 comments:

  1. beautiful
    beautiful discoveries

    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. what amazing mushrooms! By the way, I've changed my url, so from now on you can find my blog under the name: http://annem-s.blogspot.com/
    Thanks, and have a great day!
    xo, A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, for confusing you with my url names, I've realized that I have disconnected myself not only from you but the rest of the bloggers that I have been in connection with, so I had to go back to my old one
    http://anne-scintilla.blogspot.com/

    sorry, again :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? They look like earth corals haha, the opposite to sea corals (:
    Where is that place? Are you traveling all around the world taking pictures or what? Luck you!

    Greeting froms here my friend!

    ReplyDelete