Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pic Today 4/1/12






TICKS . . .
NATURE'S LITTLE VAMPIRES

. . . one of the prices we pay
for a mild winter & warm Spring.

Global warming brings us warmer winters,
early Springs and flowers a month early.
With the beauty comes the beasts!

We need blistery cold winters
to control and limit insect pests,
especially mosquitoes and ticks.
(Ugh.)

On all my hikes this Spring,
I am covered with ticks.
(I hate ticks.)

They drop from trees, climb on your clothes,
and eventually "latch on" to suck blood.
They also transmit lyme disease!

When you come inside, best to check for ticks.
Especially on your pets and children.

And if they do "latch on", grab some tweezers,
squeeze around their head, and pull straight up.
(Helpful diagram above.)





5 comments:

  1. I'm going to send a pesticide!
    God ... I itch all!
    hahaha ...
    I itch just imagine!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Você tem razão... desequilíbrio ecológico que tende a pior a cada ano... infelizmente.
    Bom domingo de Ramos!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil
    ¸.•°`♥✿⊱╮
    °º♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and Bruno, we both hate ticks..

    And how are you missed you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worst fault of the summer are the insect pests! seems to me that are increasingly resistant! I hate ticks too ...
    and mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants invading the kitchen ......
    beware!

    ReplyDelete