Friday, April 6, 2012

Pic Today 4/6/12







HEY GUYS,
THERE'S SOME NEW CHICKS
IN TOWN

After all, it is Easter time.

Not sure why,
but Easter is all about
eggs, and bunnies, and baby chicks.

Two days ago, our local hatchery
got in a shipment of just-hatched chicks:
Buff Orpingtons and Rhode Island Reds.
(see photos above)

The good news:
Customers are buying them to start raising chickens.

The bad news:
There are some places selling dyed baby chicks
as Easter gifts for children.
(above photos courtesy: New York Times)

If you're celebrating Easter or Passover,
it's time to start getting ready.
(But please, no dyed chicks!)

7 comments:

  1. Oh I don't like pink baby chicks !:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm ... I've never seen in my life colored baby chicks, and I think I do not like that! But I hope it will be harmless ... and whether there is now a purple cow (a chocolate in Germany) or multicolorierte chicks are ...

    a very cute little symbol of spring and your pictures are great, as always!

    warm hugs and wish you a very Happy Easter,

    isabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kawai!
    I prefer yellow ...
    but I do not like chicks, much less when they saw chickens ... taste and think beautiful seeing them ... not to eat ...

    but we are talking about Easter, renewal ...

    Happy Easter to you
    much chocolate eggs, is much more delicious!

    Here in Japan we do not have this tradition, so I'll just stay with the traditional chocolates ...

    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was little, my grandfather gave me a chicken ... was beautiful ... I put a hot water bottle and slept there chick ...
    After school, went to see him, it was my dream ...
    Please do remember my childhood ...
    The chicks painted pitiful me, poor animals ...
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think that chicks could have such extreme colourings :) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one (of the normal-colored chicks)!! How adorable! Great shots. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, they are adorable, but the coloring "thing" is so sad.

    ReplyDelete