Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pic Today 5/19/12













ROGUE UNDERGROUND DINING
MEETS
"SHAKE 38"

Two creative groups joined forces Friday night
at the Contemporary Art Museum in St. Louis ...

the Rogue Underground Dining Society
created a menu and experience
with "SHAKE 38",
the explosive literary group who's
putting on all 38 of Shakespeare's plays
in the next 30 days at different venues in St. Louis.

Attendees at this gourmet dinner event
were surprised to learn that THEY were to perform
selected roles in Henry VI between courses.
Scripts were handed out at each place setting,
and a Shakespeare director set the background for
the 3 acts to be read by each attendee.

An outstanding communal performance was
matched by a truly gourmet French/English meal,
in a magnificent private museum setting.

7 comments:

  1. I love the second picture ...
    Photographic art about art in general ...
    Culture, arts and human sciences are fundamental to me.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the table with the red chairs, so simpe and effective. All of Shakespeare's 38 plays in the next 30 days?! That sounds like endless fun! I whish, I could see them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pick,
    I love Shakespeare and I'll like to see the event!
    Great background!
    Enjoy the weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful place, Rick, love to see! Wish you a great sunday, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Your schedule is making me short of breath! Good luck and enjoy. I love the simplicity of this building. Many walls! I like walls just because I can color them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Underground dinning society!
    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a wonderfully creative night, on many levels.
    Photographer's Sis

    ReplyDelete