Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pic Today 5/8/12





"SCREENWRITERS ARE
SCHMUCKS WITH UNDERWOODS"

Barton Fink uses an Underwood typewriter
in response to this now classic Jack Warner quote.

Who could forget Barton (John Turturro)
in this writer's block scene,
at his 1930's Underwood typewriter?

Still the oldest trademark in use (1870),
Underwoods were the first successful
modern typewriter worldwide.
(5 million in use by 1939.)

Underwoods work when the power goes off.
(Still true in this age of word processors & computers.)

6 comments:

  1. Alas ribbons are hard to come by. I want you to know that I had the most fabulous weekend looking at your professional portfolio. So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these machines, I have kept on my grandmother, a Remington, he gave me and occasionally I venture to typing a message.

    perfect
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I would give to have a typewriter so!
    These are my passion ... but I have only one olivetti ...
    : (
    Good photos!
    Rick kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont have an Underwood, but I still have my Olivetti Lettera 32 and I love her! Those are beautiful machines, Rick, great post!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So charming and efficient way of writing!

    ReplyDelete