Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pic Today 6/27/12
















(NOTES FROM VIENNA)

WALKING THE CITY

The best way to view the capital
of the once-grand Habsburg Empire is by foot.
The center of Vienna is skyscraper-free
and pedestrian friendly.

The city is dotted with quiet parks,
connected by quaint electric trams and
packed with 18th-century architecture & palaces.
In the center of old town is the famous
St. Stephens Cathedral.

If you get tired of walking, and need a rest,
you're never far from an outside cafe
for a coffee, beer or Sacher torte.

Vienna is a people watcher's dream!

3 comments:

  1. So clean!!! The grounds always pull my attention. I love the steps. How interesting that cities that are pedestrian friendly have very few obese people...I just notice that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos! Vienna is one of the cities I hope to visit in a not far future!
    My Own Project

    ReplyDelete