Friday, July 13, 2012

Pic Today 7/13/12




LOVELY LYCHEES

Fresh lychees are nothing like
the canned lychees sold in stores
(or served for dessert in Asian restaurants.)

Fresh lychees (now in season at gourmet markets)
are round, rough and leathery on the outside,
but once cracked open, reveal a succulent,
juicy grapelike flesh with an intense perfume,
and the sweet flavor of strawberry, pear and watermelon.

They're wonderful in fruit salads, sea food dishes,
or just plain on top of vanilla ice cream.
Mixologists are always blending the juice
and purée in exotic summertime cocktails.

Medicinally, lychees are rich in vitamin-C
and a popular ingredient in lip balms.


4 comments:

  1. hmmmm now I'm going to the market to buy, I'm looking forward to eat lychees!

    enjoy your weekend,
    elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love fresh lychees. We ate them fresh when we were kids. That and mangosteen, jackfruit and guayabano are fruits whose peel belie the delicious and succulent fruit inside!. I am salivating waiting for my coffee as I imagine these fruits. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lychees! It's really hard to come across fresh lychees around here :S
    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not ever tasted ...
    But this has a solution.
    ;)
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete