Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pic Today 8/11/12














TROPICAL FLORA
INSIDE THE CLIMATRON

Rare tropical plants and flowers
are protected year-round in the Climatron,
at the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis.

From freezing temperatures in our coldest winters,
to record-setting heat and drought
(as we've been experiencing this summer),
the Climatron maintains optimum tropical
temperature and humidity for its rare collection
of palms, ferns and flora.

These photos were taken yesterday
on a walk through this pristine environment,
at a time when the climate inside was
considerably cooler than the temperature outside.

(Climate is indeed relative!)


6 comments:

  1. Many exotic flowers that I have never seen before. In Sweden, it is difficult to grow such flowers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look familiar to me :) my friends have been busy documenting flora of the Philippines lately. I incorporate some if them in my drawings. Aren't they beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess which is the photo that I like.
    ;)
    I promise to tell the truth ...
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I feel lost your blog is a beautiful place to return.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete