Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pic Today 8/4/12









A TOUCH OF SPAIN
IN MISSOURI

The Country Club Plaza
is a well known, upscale shopping center
in Kansas City, Missouri . . .

established in 1922,
and designed architecturally after Seville, Spain
by architect Edward Delk.

Every detail of this suburban shopping mall
is fashioned on the splendor of Seville . . .
with it's tiles, towers and fountains.

The Plaza is an enjoyable and untypical
shopping experience in Kansas City . . .
low-rise, with up-scale shops and restaurants,
very walkable in true Spanish character.

The Plaza contains more than 30 statues,
with murals, mosaics, tile and lighting reproductions
true to the flavor of Seville.

(And to think this shopping mall was conceived
and built almost 90 years ago!)




3 comments:

  1. ¸.•♫°`♡彡

    Muito lindo mesmo!!!

    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil
    ¸.•♫°`♡彡✿⊱╮

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a moment I thought you'd come to my country ...
    Rick, this is an architectural gem ... Spain is close ...
    Ugh ... I have no words, I am excited to think that thousands of miles has a bit of Seville ...
    When I was little I visited this city, is still etched in my mind ...
    How great you are friend, great ...
    How many hugs do you want?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are invaluable ....

    ReplyDelete