Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pic Today 9/20/12






SWEET ANNIE

I just found a fragrant herb
perfect for holiday wreaths . . .

Sweet Annie (artemisia annua),
also called Sweet Wormwood.

Its sweet, camphor-like scent
smells like the holidays, and
is a natural repellant for moths & insects
(so put some in your closet.)
It has been used for centuries by Chinese herbalists
for malaria and treating fevers.

When I bought a big bunch of Sweet Annie,
the herb lady said it makes a great holiday wreath.
And remains fragrant for years. (years ! ! !)

So I bought some ribbon, and made my own wreath.

It now hangs on my front door,
just in time for fall.
(First day of fall is TWO DAYS AWAY.)

4 comments:

  1. Sweet images for a fragrant herb! If this herb was used by de Chinese I am sure that has big therapeutic usefulness. First photography is really beautiful.

    A lot of kisses.

    ReplyDelete