Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pic Today 9/2/12






ISAAC COMES
TO MISSOURI

As Hurricane Isaac gained strength
and moved towards the Gulf Coast,
it slowed down when it moved onto New Orleans
and flooded the Mississippi delta
with 20+ inches of rain.

But Isaac wasn't finished.
The hurricane continued on northward,
carrying its heavy rains into the Midwest,
up the Mississippi Valley . . .

making a bullseye pass through Missouri,
and bringing us some much needed rain
and ending a 3-month deadly drought.

We welcomed the thunderstorms and heavy rains.
(It is due to leave us on Sunday.)

Thanks for stopping by, Isaac!

(Isaac radar image: courtesy of NOAA)

4 comments:

  1. LOL! That's the beauty of life, extracting best from the things that can harm us. I like that spirit of yours.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are all well! these pictures scare me a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the hurricane was in your head!
    I was shocked!

    I hope there is a lot of damage, it only rains ...

    Your photos are great!

    Rick, stay home, you'll catch cold!
    ;)

    I'm glad the rain, I love ...



    This photo is spectacular:

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uFXKk6AwfsI/UEKvIw0L_kI/AAAAAAAAMek/4PENhFsBKs0/s1600/IMG_1375.jpg


    Un fuerte abrazo.
    Un beso!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary yet beautiful clouds. Water is such a powerful force!

    ReplyDelete