Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pic Today 11/29/12



MY MORNING SMOOTHIE

I start each day
with a liquid breakfast,
full of fruits and veggies,
and when available
something local,
something home grown.

Just before our first "hard freeze",
my daughter, Maggie,
picked the last of her wild
native passion fruits.
Also called maypops,
these small round passion fruits
contain edible seeds 
surrounded by sweet gooey pulp.

This smoothie contained . . .
4 native passion fruits
juice of one orange
NAKED Green Machine juice
1/2 apple
1/2 banana
pineapple slice
blue berries
4 strawberries
4 small carrots
1 kale leaf
fresh spinach
1/2 avocado
1 tsp bee pollen
1 tbsp flax seeds
1/4 cup protein powder

A delicious way
to start the day!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Rick! It's been so long since I've been here....I couldn't even post on my own blog. How are you? I hope I'll be able to share some pictures soon.
    Take care!
    A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you are!
      Can't wait to hear/see what you've been up to.

      Delete
  2. always something good to drink or to eat
    on your blog ! this is wonderful !

    ReplyDelete