Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pic Today 1/27/13





MY SURGEON
PRESCRIBED HONEY

I've got some surgery coming up,
which will include a long incision.
And my doctor has prescribed honey
in an unexpected way.

As incisions heal, they are prone to infection
in the first week following surgery.
He has prescribed raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized honey
as a wound dressing . . . it is anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory,
naturally antiseptic, and reduces swelling and pain.

Of course I paid a visit to my good friend
and bee-keeper, Joy Stinger (real name)
to get some fresh honey, still in the honeycomb.

You can be sure honey has never been heated
or pasteurized when it's still in the comb.

Thank you, Joy.
Thank you, honey bees.

4 comments:

  1. Well, this is an incredible new information for me, Rick, thanks for sharing! I'm sure this wonderful natural honey will do his job. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey has many properties, although I did not know the antiseptic property.
    Rick, this is great news, well, I love to come to your friend's farm.
    You'll see that everything goes well!


    A kiss!

    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/medicinal-uses-of-honey


    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool that we both wrote about the same theme.
    Health benefits of honey are awesome!
    Everything's gonna be super duper.

    xx Ilka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks so beautiful and the old lady looks so charming !!

    I wish you the very best, my friend.

    isabella

    ReplyDelete