Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pic Today 6/16/13







THERE'S FIRE
IN THESE ROCKS

I love opals.

These are the rocks (minerals)
that have fire inside.

The best opals are "black opals"
from the Lightning Ridge mine
in southern Australia
(last photo.)

When you hold a black opal,
it's like there's a little light inside
flashing blues, greens and reds.
(I'm lucky to own 2 black opals,
acquired years ago - photo 3 & 4.)

On a recent trip to Australia,
I discovered how rare these opals
have become.
(I still want to retire, and go
dig for black opals at Lightning Ridge.)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I've never seen opals in their original state before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little light?? It's like a big bang!!
    Really beautiful.

    Kisses friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing you a wonderful hunt some day
    photos are gorgeous
    they are magical stones

    ReplyDelete