Friday, September 27, 2013

Pic Today 9/27/13



MORNING RITUAL

I'm a creature of habit.

My morning routine
 starts with a walk 
to my favorite coffee shop,
awaiting their doors to open
at 6:00am sharp.

My coffee awaits.
My papers, too.
And every morning,
my neighbor (Dick)
with his two faithful dogs
(Hondo and Tinnie)
watch the city awaken
and the daylight brighten.

His table and chair
always occupied,
with his loyal companions
by his side.

Every morning.
It's a ritual
and a great way to start each day.

(Dick rescued these dogs years ago,
from a snowy hillside
on a New Mexico Indian Reservation,
and they've been by his side ever since.)

8 comments:

  1. Es una bella historia de los cachorros, somos de costumbres.

    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifull ritual! emotive ritual!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful story and Pictures...and It´s nice to have morning routins.
    I really appreciate your blog and also your Website...
    welcome as a follower and thanks for your kind Words!
    Gertie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you Rick :-( How are you big buddy?

    Love,
    Bhags

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nous avons tous besoin de rituel dans la vie. Ils sont nos repères.Sympa la photo, et les amis à quatre pattes aussi.
    Amitiés.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs are the most faithfuls animals.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete