Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pic Today 9/5/13



BEHOLD THE
KING OF THE HOT PEPPERS

Meet the hottest hot pepper in town,
the Carolina Reaper pepper.

A relatively new variety of pepper,
it is the smallest of garden hot peppers.
And what it misses in size,
it more than makes up in HEAT.

This little fella' measures in
at 1.5-million Scoville Units
(the heat scale for hot peppers).
By comparison, 
the very hot Habanero pepper
produces only 250,000 Scoville Units.

That makes the Carolina Reaper
six times hotter than the notorious Habanero!
(Ouch.)

3 comments:

  1. and the look just like the the inoffensive sweet peppers that I use for cooking. If you want to make a joke on my expense, put of of these Carolinas in my refrigerator. I will put them in my pinto beans....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hot peppers ... but this must be very strong, hahaha ...
    So small and so spicy ... OH!
    :)
    My father has some planted in the field, but they are of a larger size, but very itchy ....
    A kiss!

    ReplyDelete