Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pic Today 3/18/14




LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS

 ... when we drop some
POTASSIUM metal balls
in a beaker of water!

I bought some old dangerous chemicals
back when I was in school,
including this old sealed tin of POTASSIUM.
(I could hear them rolling around
in protective liquid kerosene.)

I remember from science class,
that we don't want potassium or sodium metal
coming in contact with air or water.
(Hence the kerosene.)
 Otherwise ...

KAPOW!

One small potassium ball
dropped in plain tap water
creates some fireworks
(see above.)

Isn't science FUN?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting ...
    I like experiments!

    A kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks awesome, do not want to try myself though ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last shot is so interesting. Nice capture.

    ReplyDelete