Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pic Today 3/22/14









THE STAMP SHOW
IS IN TOWN

Stamp collecting (or philately)
is called "the hobby of kings."
This is the weekend to learn more
about stamps, or add to your collection.

Dealers from around the world
are at the St. Louis Renaissance Hotel
to showcase and exhibit their rarities.

It's a great way to learn about postal history,
geography, famous national figures
and specialized subjects, 
like the mushrooms of the Falkland Islands.

Experts are on hand to teach youngsters
about the history, variety and value of postal stamps.

Royalty, czars, emperors, and U.S. presidents have
all collected stamps.   In fact, 
French president Nicolas Sarkozy is an avid collector.

4 comments:

  1. I used to collect stamps when I was a teenager. I wish I kept up with it. It can become overwhelming. Stamps are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the very old ones. Great workmanship by the stamp designers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't known our ex-president is a stamp collector! LOL!
    I used to be one in my younger days!!
    Must have been fun to be at that show!
    Enjoy your weekend, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many stamps. Its a great way to learn about other places and times

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enfant, je collectionnais les timbres et j'ai perdu cette passion. L'univers philatéliste est resté malgré tout, un univers très intéressant pour moi. Superbes photos. Bonne journée,
    Rick

    Amicalement.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete