Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pic Today 4/26/14










BUTTON COLLECTORS
ARE COMING TO TOWN

The Missouri State Button Society
(yes, there is one)
is having it annual Button Show this weekend.

133 collectors and dealers are meeting
to show off their rare collections
at the Wildwood Hotel, in Wildwood, Mo.
The public is also invited to view their
collections and entries in the competition.
(Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am - 4:00pm)

Rare displays include 17th and 18th century
hand enameled, carved and forged buttons
from around the world, 
including handcarved netsukes from Japan,
French porcelains and wartime coppers.

Bring your jars of old buttons for free appraisals.
(Just kidding.)

4 comments:

  1. This is so amazing :) My mum used to collect buttons once . I will try to find her collection. That's a good reminder.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I collect napkins, I have about 500, but they're back in Romania, I left them with my mom. I need to start a new one here in Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are collectors for everything. That's alot of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to fascinated with buttons when I was a kid! Some are incredibly beautiful and the work of very imaginative persons.
    On the 1srt pic, the large one on the bottom left looks like a squinting face! LOL!

    ReplyDelete