Sunday, October 5, 2014

Pic Today 10/5/14






ENJOYING FRESHLY PICKED
BRUSSELS SPROUTS

Following our rains,
temperatures dropped suddenly.
Time to harvest some brussels sprouts.

Maggie and I pulled the heavy stalks,
trimmed the leaves, which left hundreds
of plump sprouts to snap off.

An easy recipe for this fall favorite:

o  Halve 2 cups of freshly picked sprouts.
o Toss halves with olive oil.
o Sprinkle with coarse salt, ground pepper and nutmeg.
o Spread on a cookie sheet, and bake at 375˚ for 30 minutes.

Serve with grated parmesan cheese.

Yum!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, how interesting!
    I love them - fried with some vinegar! - but I am discovering here how they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que buena pinta y que buena la última foto cayéndole el queso rallado. Rico, rico..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of those, but I like the photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Una delicia, así como las fotos.

    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice dish to enjoy in the early fall afternoon weather with glass of PG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love brussels sprouts, not very common here in Australia (expensive), but where I come form (Netherlands) it's a staple! I love how they grow...

    ReplyDelete