Friday, November 21, 2014

Pic Today 11/21/14
















THE BEST CRAFT WHISKEY
IN MISSOURI

Meet Gary Hinegardner,
distiller and owner of
Wood Hat Spirits
in New Florence, Missouri.

In operation for barely one year,
Wood Hat is the only wood-fired still
in the country (that's legal!).
A true craft distillery,
Gary has already won 4 medals
for his premier bourbons and
blue corn whiskey,
   plus select fresh fruit cordials . . .

all produced using locally grown grains,
aged in barrels made from Missouri oak,
and fired with local scrap oak
to heat oil that transfers heat to the still.
(Whiskeys distilled six times for a
very smooth taste and finish.)

Open Tuesday through Sunday,
for tastings and tours.
www.woodhatspirits.com

(And when you're there,
marvel at Gary's one-of-a-kind
wood hats, wood turned by
the master distiller himself.)

9 comments:

  1. Always wonderfull Rick¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantástico reportaje, bonitas botellas y seguro mejor el contenido.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooooooooooooooooooove that last pic, the (almost) white beard, the yellow hat and the blue suit make it look so full of life! Love it love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so interesting
    and wonderful photos of what looks like an awesome outing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not my kind of drink but I like the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen blue corn before! I'd gladly try the whiskey. I love to visit distilerries myself, I think the process is very interesting. Pity the whiskey isn't blue though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post very much, wonderful photography!
    Whiskey is the only alcohol I can drink, LOL, so every now and then I have a sip!!

    ReplyDelete