Friday, March 27, 2015

Pic Today 3/27/15








VINTAGE FUN
IN DENVER

One of the oldest amusement parks
in America is just west of Denver,
featuring more vintage rides and structures
than any other.

Opened in 1908,
the Lakeside Amusement Park
features 3 roller coasters,
including the oldest wooden coaster
(the "CYCLONE") still in operation,
bumper boats, the Wild Chipmunk,
the Loop-O-Plane, Flying Dutchman
and a vintage art deco Fun House.

The Tower of Jewels is one of the tallest
buildings in metro west Denver,
covered with 5,000 colored lights.

Unfortunately, the park was closed
during my Colorado visit,
but I can't wait to return and photograph
this fantastic landmark
(before it's lost to history.)

I doubt very much if I'll be riding
on those old wooden coaster tracks!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Rick. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! U cant jump in!!!! Those machines are toooooooo ooooooold!!!!! lol!!! xD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uufff me da vértigo pero muy interesante su historia y las fotos te quedaron geniales !! un abrazo desde mi brillo del mar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solo de verlo me dan taquicardias!!! Para hacer fotos esta muy bien.....bonitas fotos Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A roller coaster is definitely not my cup of tea! LOL!
    Great footage though!

    ReplyDelete