Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pic Today 4/30/15





TWO PAINTINGS

15 minutes until the museum closed . . .

enough time to say hello to 2 of my favorites
at the St. Louis Art Musuem:

1) Matisse, Bathers With A Turtle (1907)

A trio of naked, melancholic women gather
around a turtle on a beach.  The central
woman, with a mask-like face,
anxiously chews her fingers.

2) Oskar Kokoschka, Painter and His Model (1923)

Self portrait of the artist at work. 
I love how he paints his model, smiling,
obviously pleased, with an OK added for approval.

So much emotion in these two
expressionistic oil paintings.

11 comments:

  1. Me gustan mucho los dos... A Oskar Kokoschka, no lo conocía.

    Muchos besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting paintings I particularly like the top one. Have a good evening Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amigo Forestal,Tu trabajo és de un artista,lo mio solo son tonterias
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post, beautiful photos of beautiful paintings!
    kisses

    http://simplesmentelilly.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paintings!
    I prefer the first one because it makes me think... why should these women look so melancholic on a beach, with a turtle around?... Maybe I say this because I love turtles....:-)
    Nice post, Rick!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Matisse you do it every time for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that period in art. LOVE the turtle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. El primero de los óleos me gustó mucho, gracias por compartir!
    Cariños para ti!

    ReplyDelete