Thursday, June 11, 2015

Pic Today 6/11/15


MEET LUDWIG MEIDNER

German impressionist painter
(1884-1966)

This oil-on-canvas is
the artist's selbstbildnis (self portrait)
painted in 1912 in turbulent Berlin
on the eve of World War I.

This expressionist artist
practiced a style of art focused on
communicating man's inner self
rather than a realistic representation
of himself and surroundings.

His eerie grin and bold brushstrokes
betray his psychic state of anxiety & agitation.

(I'm obsessed with artists' self portraits.
So revealing.)

6 comments:

  1. Hola Rick , buenos días
    Yo no conocía a Ludwig Meidner , me gusta descubrir esta faceta tuya de amante del arte, de la pintura
    El caballero del cuadro tiene cara de pícaro jajaja
    un abrazo y muchas gracias amigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pintar el interior, dejar salir la esencia que nos mueve y sostiene.... Es interesante, me gustaría ver como pintan mi "yo interior"

    Un abraz❇ Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Los pintores son los verdaderos artistas

    ReplyDelete
  4. You introduced me a new painter, Rick, and I like his style so much! Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete