Monday, August 1, 2016

Pic Today 8/1/16





WATERMELON
ON MY MIND

The warm sunny days of summer are here;
which wakes up my craving
for watermelon.

We're lucky to have plump and plentiful
stocks of delicious local watermelon --

Black Diamond variety is a
sweet and seedless favorite here.

For someone who grew up loving watermelon
(but spitting out the seeds),
seedless Black Diamonds are still a wonder.

I'm told open slits in the middle
of a freshly sliced melon
is a sign you've got a perfect watermelon.

I wish you "good watermelon" this summer.

(Kinda missing spitting those seeds, though.)
 

10 comments:

  1. Watermelon in the Summer is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watermelon!

    Beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es lo que apetece con este calor, se me hace la boca agua...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to thank your visit
    you also have fantastic photos here
    this fruit is very good to combat the heat and is good for health as it has plenty of water and no calories.
    a good week.
    thank you very much
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. De très belles photos qui nous donnent envie de croquer ces fruits !
    Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. De très belles photos qui nous donnent envie de croquer ces fruits !
    Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm yummy
    I love watermelon.
    We eat it in summer too (in Spain).
    ; )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photoas :-)
    I also love watermelons and their seeds :-)
    We eat it often.
    Have a lovely Summer and thanks for your comment at my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As my friend Catarina said, I love watermelon too!
    It's almost a daily summer pleasure, to have watermelon at my table!

    Great pics, great reds!

    Summer kisses
    (^^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ummmm yummy images. I like watermelon too but don't eat it often enough

    ReplyDelete